Monday, December 17, 2007

#22 R.E.A.D.S. & My Library DVD

This was an interesting exploratory lesson for me, because my son has been using the library downloads since I found out that he, a confirmed audio book man could download books for free.

He laughed as I explored the sites looking for what he said nobody really read anymore!!

I became somewhat frustrated when I could not find authors I really enjoy on R.E.A.D.S. Maybe that means that I need to broaden my reading circle of authors. When you do find something it is very easy to download and start reading away. I did find that one of my favorite types of books comes in the adobe format and not the audio.

I liked the quick start guide and the assistance message. What I didn't like was how long it took me to download.

OK!! MyLibraryDVD..way to go Linebaugh Library System! Right away I found some of my favorite things to relax with. I think I am hooked, if only I had the time!

This lesson I really enjoyed and feel that I can hook patrons on the programs.

1 comment:

Dr. Mark said...

Two things I'm missing:
1. A statement of the context: what is the issue that you're going to address. It's like I'm getting the answer, but I don't know the question.
2. A link attached to a website reference. I like to follow my interests immediately, then circle back and pick up where I left off. I can't do that if I have to open a new browser tab, then create the URL for myself. The Blogger editor allows you to highlight a phrase, then attach a URL.